Thursday, November 12, 2009

What I do on the weekend


I once bought a bear. This bear was a toy known as a Qee. These toys are part of the vinyl craze sweeping the nation with other lines of toys known as Kid Robot and Dunnys. They really aren't toys as much as they are collectible pieces of art. Most of the series are designed by different artists. They poor broken bear is one of the DIY series, a blank canvas if you will. It can be left in it's natural wood state or you can spruce it up a bit. The little guy pictured was home for about 30 secs, I moved his legs and they fell off. So I did what anyone in my situation would do, I whined to the company and they are sending me a new one. In the mean time, what was I to do? I had the legless piece of vinyl just sitting around...So again, I did what any one would have done, I modded the heck out of it. All I really did was cut off the groin stump, glue on a piece of a broken antique police whistle, and paint on a battery pack. Piece of cake. Now, it's a cyborg bear.

1 comment:

the_JCW said...

what's not to love about this?