Monday, April 01, 2013

A new month is ahead of us.

Good news everyone! This is the first day of April. I was going to post a picture of me with a shaved head saying I've given up art to become a monk. But then I didn't. So instead of an April fool's prank, I figured I'd continue where my last post left off. Of course now that it's a new month, I'm going to post all my daily drawings from the last month including the ones I've already posted, because I think it would be fun to see them all together. The weird thing is that I started drawing, dare I say it, cute things toward the end of the month. I started with the word "Fresh" and drew a rat monster hanging fresh laundry up to dry. I ended the month with a bunny jumping for joy. Why the transition from monster to cute, I don't really know. It's baffling. Whatever the reason, it's been really fun to challenge myself to do a drawing a day and then share it. It's been enough fun that I am going to use Rhianna Wurman's list again for April. In May, I think I'll do my own list and maybe have a prize for someone who does a drawing EVERY day. We'll see about the prize, if you like the idea or hate it leave me a note in the comments. Without further ado and yammering, here are a months worth of doodles:

 Fresh
Light
Nature
Transportation
Favorite Letter, I picked "O"
 
Treasure
 
In the Woods
 
Someone who inspires you
 
Sign
Time
Hop
 
What I am listening too
Toy
Brave
 
Sweet
Door
Green
Kitchen
Calm (you need calm when working with Bloggers new way of layout, grrr)
Outdoors
A Friend
Dream
Vintage
Open
Building
Stars
Present (even Thor had awkward years...)
Heart
Couple
Start
Joy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're an excellent artist. My favorite was "green" but I think it's because it was the first real pop of color I saw as I scrolled down.